This morning, Joshua decided he was going to help me with my research on how to get him to sleep through the night again. He went from a sitting position to lunging forward and grabbing the book himself. We will make a book worm out of him someday!After attempting the No cry Sleep Solution for the past month and a half and getting nothing but inconsistency and parental frustration (not to mention tired people!), we have decided to go to the Baby Whisperer for help. She suggests something call the Pick Up / Put Down. Basically, we don't go into Joshua's room unless he is crying (so talking doesn't count) and if he is crying, we go in to his room, pick him up until he is calm (up to a max of 3 minutes), and then put him down again. This continues to repeat until he figures out he is to go back to sleep in the crib on his own. Apparently you see relatively quick results but it isn't as extreme as letting them cry it out. We are going to start this on Sunday and hopefully he gets it pretty quickly without not too many meltdowns. I thought it was important to post this tonight as I think sleeping problems is kinda like the taboo of parenting. No one seems to want to admit their kid has issues and so it makes you think you are doing something wrong as a first time parent when your child starts having problems again when they used to be much better at sleep (or at least that is how I felt).
Last night at Grandma Gale and Grandad's house went great and when I arrived to pick him up, Joshua was all smiles with everyone. Great-grandma Helen and Aunt Lorinda and Uncle Gavin were there for dinner and all had a nice time with the LBM. It is so nice to hear all the wonderful comments about how much of a happy baby we have! I got some nice shots of Joshua with his Grandma Gale and Grandad and will probably use them in future posts.
Today was a low key day. Mark and I went to get our flu shots at the doctor's office. Once we parted ways (Mark had to get to work), Joshua, Shadow and I met Mamie and Milady for a great walk at Conroy Pit.
Sweet dreams everyone,
Josee
1 comment:
I admit to sleep problems with my kids! Still have 'em, sometimes!
Post a Comment