Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's potty time!

Mark and I are so very proud of our little man. We have now been potty training for almost a week and although we have had many ups and downs (most, which were to be expected, and one - yesterday - that almost had us putting a stop to the whole thing), we had a GREAT report card from daycare today. We dropped him off around 8:45am and at 4:45, when we arrived to pick him up - he was still in the same underwear and pants as he was when we dropped him off - a whole day with no accidents!!!! This is particularly spectacular since the day before was the complete opposite - with no successes whatsoever and made us go back to the drawing board entirely. Today, instead of the "small potty" going along from room to room with him, he was placed on the "big potty" (with a smaller seat) - and SURPRISE! things went awesome! (warning for non-parents out there... detail to be shared...) We even managed to get not only pee but poo in the big potty - two days in a row! After a 2 day "dry spell" from our normally VERY regular boy, we were thrilled to have this happen.

On a different topic, I have been busy enjoying my first week on leave. We had kept Joshua home to ensure the potty training was well on its way on Monday, and Tuesday and Wednesday were filled with business (not to mention a sick Mark!). Today, I can finally say I officially started my leave with a nice relaxing day of... NOTHING... and IT FELT GREAT! Mark and I have been busy trying to get the nursery ready and hope to have that completed sometime early next week. Once that is done, I think I will finally feel "ready" for baby girl Sisson to arrive (right now, I am kinda crossing my legs feeling quite unprepared!)

I hope everyone is having a great week!
J

4 comments:

Tom said...

I have that exact same t-shirt... potty is different though, mine has arm rests and a cup holder!

Love Tom

Penny said...

:) XOX G'Ma OXO

Heather said...

Nice Joshua! Send some of those successful potty vibes Finley's way!!

DC said...

Go Josh! Send him over to train Finley when he's done please.