Monday, February 28, 2011


Joshua posing at Winterlude a couple of weekends ago. 

Once again, we are struck with sickness in our household. It would seem, that this year's winter is far more worse then any other for our family getting sick. If we have not had children dealing with ear infections, it has been croup or one cold after another after another. This time around, Mark, Joshua and Madie are all suffering the wrath of a nasty virus with a very yucky sounding cough attached. I hear that this is the type of cough that lingers too... a LONG time... FANTASTIC...

For some really strange reason, I have managed to escape "the cold" - although with the amount of times I was sneezed on (eww!) this past weekend by my dear daughter, I would be amazed it I didn't catch it now!

In addition to this cold, poor Mark managed to slip a tendon in his left, middle finger on Thursday night; which resulted in a trip to the clinic on Friday to make sure that was ALL that was wrong. He will now sport a nice "buddy bandage" to help heal the injured finger for the next week. Poor guy is reminded of his injury with every little accidental twitch of his finger. It sucks and I feel for him! (sidebar - I will let HIM field any questions on how this happened)
Madie showing her girly-girl side - so proud of walking around with her very own purse!

Last Friday evening, we had our friends, Pascale and Aaron and their kids over for dinner and a play date. Pascale and Aaron are a couple we met via our friend Sarah and they live in Montreal. They are living somewhat a parallel life to us. Their daughter, Sophie, just turned 4 a couple weeks ago and their son, Alec is only 2 days older then Madie. In fact, Pascale was due 2 weeks after me this past pregnancy she just managed to be "on time" and went in to labour on the same day I went to the hospital to be induced (10 days PAST my due date).

Ever since Joshua and Sophie were newborns, we have been comparing notes and saying the two of them would be fast friends. Friday, was the first time the two of them met, and boy were we right! Within a few minutes, the two kids were downstairs in the play room by themselves, running around, and playing up a storm - giggling the whole time. During supper, the two of them HAD to sit together; and once it was time for them to leave, Sophie was DISTRAUGHT at the thought of leaving. 10 minutes after they left, while reading a book, Joshua suddenly became pouty... I asked him "Joshua, what's the matter?", his reply "I want to play with Sophie again". Too cute.

Luckily, we will be in their neck of the woods in the summer and plan to get together with them at that time. It really is too bad these two don't live closer to each other though. I really do think we found Joshua's kindred spirit! I can't wait to see them together again!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Terific Winterlude shot of Joshua!
Looks like Madie is ready to go shopping with or without her Mama! XOX G'Ma OXO

KD said...

Great photo of Joshua at Winterlude and Madie looks so gosh darn cute with her purse!!
Hope everyone is feeling better soon :) xo