Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chocolate cake...

...with purple sprinkle and raspberries and mini marshmallows on top. 

That is what Joshua decided would be the BEST kinda cake for Poppa's birthday celebration. We also needed both big balloons for all the kids AND Poppa, and noise makers. Those were the requirements. 

I took care of baking the cake. Joshua took the job of decorating (and helping with making the middle layer - real whipped cream with fresh blended raspberries ) VERY SERIOUSLY.  

It... was... awesome. 
Check out the FOCUS on his face!
I LOVED doing this with them.
 And he was so very proud of his creation.
 And I think Poppa was pretty impressed too.
 How is that for a "that's what I'm talkin' 'bout" look?
 And Madie had SUCH concentration while enjoying her cake. She had been asking for the "ake" all day long, so she savored every bite once she was given the opportunity!
After that sort of desert, it's time for for oral hygiene! (OK, so I am cheating on this pic... it's from a morning tooth brushing... Madie was so zonked by the time supper was over that there was no way she was going to brush her teeth... Tomorrow morning, we'll'' brush extra good! ;-)

J

1 comment:

Penny said...

What a wonderful celebration of family and what an AMAZING Birthday cake!!! Thank you so very much for all your efforts...Joshua's awesome creation and the special ingredient...the abundant love... poured into Frank's celebration by all.
XOX G'Ma OXO