Thursday, March 01, 2012

27

Madie went to the clinic today. Her temperature was back to normal by the morning, but she had started an elevated rash around her mouth and on her hands. That, combined with an eye that had a yellow discharge coming from it made me think I should get this checked out before the weekend. It is good I did because she left the clinic with a script for eye-drops for an infection and antibiotics for impetigo. Apparently it is going around in the local daycares... after a bit of research on the web, I found out impetigo is the exact same virus as strep throat... but on the outside. Given the fact that we had been told of a child at the daycare with strep earlier in the week, this makes more sense.

Putting eye-drops in a 2 year old's eyes... not fun...

I would rather remember this little girl... pre-fever.


J

1 comment:

Penny said...

Hang in there Super Mama ;) Hope today is a better day for all, and Madie fels much better soon. XOX