Monday, June 25, 2007

The Big Weekend Update

Well, once again, we were reminded of how good and accommodating the LBM can be. He slept the whole way to and from the location; he had a couple "marathon" naps while there (both in his car seat) - once going from the trial location to the motel and then for another hour once at the motel; and another time going from the motel to the trial site on Sunday morning and sleeping for another half hour once we got to the trial - through barking dogs, loud handlers and excited spectators and was a happy non-fussy boy for all three days (only crying from over stimulation). Joshua is officially an agility competition kid. :)

Mark did an AWESOME job being "Mr Mom" for the weekend - being the primary caregiver for Joshua most of the weekend so I could focus on Shadow and our runs. I am truly lucky to have such a loving husband who is willing to do that for me. He also mentioned it was a great time for him and Joshua to bond since he is normally with me most of the time.
For those who are interested, though Shadow and I had a less than stellar trial weekend - making a lot of mistakes which we would normally not make - we still managed to qualify for Nationals and now have the big decision to make as to whether we will attend or not. The Nationals are being held in Halton Hills (close to Milton), Ontario - just past Toronto in mid-August. I officially have until mid-July to enter so I will keep you posted.

Mark took the day off work today to recover from the weekend and catch up on some stuff around the house. We were both surprised to hear our son's very first real laugh today (in the bath tub of all places)! It is the most wonderful sound of all and I am so very happy that Mark was around to hear it. I can't wait to actually get it on film or video and share it with you all.

Until tomorrow,
Josee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear that giggle :)
Glad to see your weekend went well.

Anonymous said...

The onesie looks great, Josee! Isn't Joshua looking good what the weekend was all about..?!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Joshua looks like the perfect team mascot and he and his dad look happily and completely on the same wave length! Happy to hear all went smoothly. Congrats on qualifying for the Nationals!
XOX Mom/Grandma OXO