Monday, June 04, 2007

Our Brave Boy!



Joshua had his 2 month check up this afternoon and he is growing just as we expected... like a weed! He is now 12 pounds, 6 ounces and 22.5 inches long with a noggin measuring 41 cm round. This puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and the 25th percentile for height! (This means that for his weight, 50 percent of children are heavier than him at his age and 50 percent are lighter... for his height, it means he is a bit shorter than 75% of boy babies his age.)

Along with the overall check up came his first shots. I had my mom come along to help me out and to hold Joshua when he got poked - I am a wimp with needles and didn't want him to get any of my stressed out vibes. Our little man was such a trooper! Joshua even had the nurse commenting on how she NEVER sees babies that are so calm about their shots (especially on the second one) - I was so proud of him! The above picture was taken while still at the doctor's office less than 10 minutes after the shots. I ask you - does that look like the look of a disturbed baby???? ;-)

He has been sleeping ever since though so I guess the poking and prodding wore him out - he woke up for his supper after about 2.5 hours and proceeded to conk out again in his swing. I hope he gets up in time for the Sens game!

Have a great night everyone - enjoy the game!
Josee

No comments: