Friday, August 03, 2007

Refuge from the heat

Joshua, Shadow and I have been trying to find ways to stay cool these past few days. Shadow has done a lot of swimming in his kiddy pool and Joshua and I have been either laying low at home or finding fun things to do in air conditioned venues. Yesterday afternoon we met April and Emma & Derek, Heather and Finley for the stars and strollers showing of Harry Potter. The movie was pretty packed with people who were undoubtedly sharing my idea of heat escape and that made for a pretty loud movie with a lot of baby talk instead of dialog. It was still fun though both Heather and I think our babies were scared of the dark and flashing movements on the screen. Either that - or it was just over stimulation from a 2.5 hour movie. ;-)

Today, I packed the 3 of us up and went to Grandma and Poppa's house for an afternoon of air conditioning. We also took Joshua for his first swim in the outdoor (chlorinated) pool. We had fun although Joshua didn't seem too keen on the full-on sun he was getting (even WITH his big sun hat on!). He still managed to grant us a few good smiles though so, to me, the swim was a success. After a nap, Joshua and his Grandma had some really neat one-on-one time with Joshua perched on Penny's lap watching her every move and listening to her every word with, what looked to me like, great admiration for his Grandma. It is those special moments that give a mother a warm feeling inside.

Our friends Derek Heather and Finley were nice enough to invite us to join them at their's friend's cottage for the long weekend so we are off to Round Lake for the next few days. This means no postings until Monday (maybe Sunday night be we will see how tired we are). I promise to take lots of pictures and we also have the benefit of Derek and Heather's fancy camera being along for the ride as well so we will have lots to show and tell when we get back.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Josee

No comments: