Friday, August 10, 2007

Slings, Strollers and Saturday Plans

Now that Joshua is a bit bigger, I have been finding carrying him on my hip seems to be the way to carry him. I was mentioning to my sister-in-law Leigh how I could now appreciate much more how beneficial a sling can be. She offered to lend me hers to try out for a little bit before her baby arrives and she needs it again. Leigh dropped by with the sling and gave Mark and I a "coles notes" version of how to use it yesterday evening. I can tell you that without a doubt I will be looking for a sling to purchase now. Especially since Joshua has been more cuddly this week with him recovering from the ear infection, it was a big help today when my arms were getting a bit stiff from all the holding! Thank you very much for the loan Aunt Leigh!

This morning, I packed up Joshua in his stroller and he, Shadow and I went out exploring. On our explorations, we ended up walking all the way to the water's edge where Shadow was able to get a good swim and stick fetching game in before we headed home. The walk ended up being almost an hour and a half and got Joshua a good hour's nap. Now that we are facing him forwards in his stroller, he seems to enjoy the view a lot more (I guess staring at me or whoever is pushing the stroller can be a bit boring after a while!). Normally, he will watch the world goes by for a little while and then peacefully go down for a nice nap in the breeze.

Shadow and I have an agility seminar all day tomorrow in Carleton Place which means Mark gets to spend some more one on one time with the boy. This will be a big step for me since it will be the first time I am away from him for the whole day! I am completely confident Mark and Joshua will be great... I am just wondering what kind of withdrawal I will go through! I am certain there will be a few stories to share tomorrow evening.

Have a great night everyone!
Josee

No comments: