Yes, you all read right - I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and brought Joshua along to put him on the scale. I was beginning to be concerned about the weight restriction on his car seat and wanted to reassure myself that he was going to be okay in it until we get back from Florida in 3.5 weeks. I am pretty sure we will be okay though - as the weigh cut off is 22 pounds and the chances of him growing another 4 pounds in less than a month is pretty slim.
There was a whole bunch of visiting surrounding the weigh in which included a stop in visit to Derek and Finley (Heather is now back at work as she and Derek split their parental leave) before hand. The two kids played and ate together and we got a few nice shots of the two of them including these two of both
of them showing how tasty tissue paper really is! It is always really neat to see Finley since it is kinds like a window as to how Joshua will be acting in a month or so. She was VERY good at sharing her toys with Joshua and showed off her eating abilities (I have never seen a baby love to eat from a spoon in my life!). I hope Joshua was paying attention to that since I would love for
that ability to open her mouth WIDE for anything that comes on a spoon to transfer to him! You can really tell the difference in their size too - Finley - an agile, tall and slender girl, and Joshua - a muscular and compact boy. But both of them so strong in their own right!
After the doctor's, we were off to Nan and Gramp's house for a visit and to finalize our trip. They are generously letting us use their condo in Daytona which is always a big treat! After that, it was off to Grandma and Poppa's for dinner and a quick visit.
We got home around 8pm and with one last bottle, Joshua was off to bed. He surprised both Mark and I by not waking up before 5am and then quickly falling back asleep after his early morning snack. An even BIGGER surprise was when I woke up at 8:30 to wonder why Joshua had not yet woken us up. He continued to sleep until 9:15am - when we physically woke him up!!!! I can't help but think... why can't that happen on a day that Mark is working? ;-)
Maybe it is a trend??? One can only hope. :)
Night all,
Josee
There was a whole bunch of visiting surrounding the weigh in which included a stop in visit to Derek and Finley (Heather is now back at work as she and Derek split their parental leave) before hand. The two kids played and ate together and we got a few nice shots of the two of them including these two of both
of them showing how tasty tissue paper really is! It is always really neat to see Finley since it is kinds like a window as to how Joshua will be acting in a month or so. She was VERY good at sharing her toys with Joshua and showed off her eating abilities (I have never seen a baby love to eat from a spoon in my life!). I hope Joshua was paying attention to that since I would love for
that ability to open her mouth WIDE for anything that comes on a spoon to transfer to him! You can really tell the difference in their size too - Finley - an agile, tall and slender girl, and Joshua - a muscular and compact boy. But both of them so strong in their own right!After the doctor's, we were off to Nan and Gramp's house for a visit and to finalize our trip. They are generously letting us use their condo in Daytona which is always a big treat! After that, it was off to Grandma and Poppa's for dinner and a quick visit.
We got home around 8pm and with one last bottle, Joshua was off to bed. He surprised both Mark and I by not waking up before 5am and then quickly falling back asleep after his early morning snack. An even BIGGER surprise was when I woke up at 8:30 to wonder why Joshua had not yet woken us up. He continued to sleep until 9:15am - when we physically woke him up!!!! I can't help but think... why can't that happen on a day that Mark is working? ;-)
Maybe it is a trend??? One can only hope. :)
Night all,
Josee
1 comment:
Nice! Great shots. Finley could have used some powder on her forehead to keep that glare down :)
Post a Comment