So we're having some good fun with the new camera....

This is a quick shot in Red Lobster (tastes a little different in Florida) where I was fiddling with macro mode which allows for good closeups (up to 0 mm..yes..I said ZERO). I like the reflection in his eyes in this shot (you'll need to click for the full size version o fthe pic). There will surely be closer ones in the future for sure!
The capper of this story is we had a great waiter who, for the most part, ignored that we had a baby with us at all. Even with Joshua in the Bumbo tossing toys around (one which direct hit into my ketchup) Eventually, his coos caught the waiter's ear and a smile flashed his way and he, in passing, kinda coo'ed back..and got a Joshua giggle response. "I like you" he said with southern drawl. He was a younger guy mind you and not the kind to normally coo with babies.
So later..Josee goes to the washroom and the waiter comes by again to play and begins a quick game of swaying back and forth and lightly poking Joshua's belly as I held him in my lap. "Boop" he'd say as he went by, very funny. However it began to occur he was getting little reaction, no laugh, no smile, no grin, nothing but an open mouthed stare. I dawned on me.."Uh oh, he may not be liking the..." and then came the Joshua volcano eruption of a restaurant imploding wail of a cry. You've never seen a waiter turn so white and bolt the opposite direction in your life. I was able to calm him quickly but geez I felt bad for the poor waiter. I mentioned to Josee he may have even been contemplating having kids after this great earlier interaction with Joshua and then BAM...not future babies for this sap down the road!
Our goofy son, wreaking havoc on young waiters' future family legacies!
The other quick hit story for today is we got busted going down to the pool today. As it turns out babies are not allowed in the condo pool due to them wearing diaper. We went to confirm with the building manager Peggy (who, by the way is in love with Joshua to the point of putting whoever she was talking to on indefinite hold) "Oh yes," she stated sadly "No diapers for babies or seniors..we don't age discriminate!" Peggy's kinda neat.
So I leave you with one other neat-o toy with the camera of color accent where you aim at a color of choice and select and then the photo only shows that color in the photo and black & white's the rest (or dilutes) I thought this one turned out kinda neat since we've only fiddled with it.

We promise some amazing scenic shots in the future and we're going to try and get some beach & outside stuff with the family (to actually prove were here!)
Weather, btw, has still been fantastic. Hope it's nice back home too! You could always post and let us know since were always curious as to who still reads the blog.
A finally all healthy,
Mark & Josee & Joshua
1 comment:
Nice pictures. The weather is fantastic here too. 30 with the humidex...can't complain. Have a great holiday guys.
April
Post a Comment