Sunday, September 02, 2007

Rice Cereal 101

Joshua has now been enjoying the new and exciting taste of rice cereal for about a week and a half and has gotten pretty good at eating from a spoon every once and a while instead of always sucking from a bottle. He especially enjoys when we make airplane or train noises while the spoon is going from the bowl to his mouth. In this picture, I am letting Mark feed his son for the first time. As I predicted, Joshua thought having Daddy feed him was extra hilarious!

I can't believe Joshua is 5 months old today - the time certainly has gone by quickly! I now understand why other moms told me to enjoy every second!

Today was Mark's first day off after his first week on the new shift. It is kinda neat to think he will be with us all day for another two days! Though it has been an adjustment working around Mark working until 11pm this past week, I truly believe the good outweighs the bad in this case.

Shadow and I had our last outdoor trial of the season today so Joshua had a whole afternoon with his Mamie while Mark came to watch the action in St. Lazare. This is officially the longest stint away from Joshua at a whole 7 hours without either one of us and though my mom was saying he seemed a bit "off his game"; things still went well. He apparently was in one of his snuggling moods where he really didn't want to be put down. This ended up being both good and bad in my mom's perspective - she wasn't able to do all the things she had hoped during Joshua's visit - but she DID get some quality snuggle time with him!

We are hoping to go swimming at the pool tomorrow and maybe go to the Parkdale Market to pick up some fresh produce. I guess it will all depend on how ambitious we feel as all three of us had pretty long days today!

Have a great night everyone!
Josee

p.s. for those who are taking note, our newest nephew has been named Benjamin Costen - welcome to the world little guy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness we are growing Joshua:)
Congratulations to each and every Costen on the new arrival!!