Monday, October 22, 2007

Digestive Cookies, Surprise Birthday Parties and Marina Walks

Sunday afternoon, Joshua, Mark, Shadow and I met up with a bunch of the OGP Agility gang and the newest additions to their families at Bruce Pit for a dog walk. In addition to April and Emma, this was our first time meeting Mathis (Sonia's adorable little man) and Georgie (Natalie's cute little Sheltie pup). It was a gorgeous day out and we all enjoyed the sun and the company. Emma was nice enough to share a digestive cookie with Joshua (his first one) and as you can see by the picture, it certainly was a hit! April, Sonia and I hope to make more of a habit of getting together while we are all still on mat leave and hopefully that doesn't just end up as "talk" and we actually make it happen!

After a well needed nap by all, we headed into Manotick for a combined surprise birthday celebration for Mark's grandmother Irene (a.k.a. Nan) and Mark's mother Penny (a.k.a. Grandma). Although we showed up fashionably late due to Joshua's napping schedule; it was great to get there and visit with the whole family and some good friends of the family one more time before Jack and Irene head to Florida for the fall. As usual, Joshua was a champ the whole time there even though it took some time for him to warm up to the idea of being out when he is normally winding down for bed.

Today, Joshua, Shadow and I went over to my brother's house for a visit with them and "the cousins". Joshua, Eric, Sam and I went for a wonderful long walk around the marina while Ben and Leigh caught up on some rest. By the time we arrived back at their house, Ben was awake and ready to have a visit with his big cousin Joshua and his aunt Josee. It was another great afternoon and I hope we can repeat it again soon.

Tomorrow is strollercise and then Joshua's big 6 month (a bit late) check up at the doctor's. I am looking forward to seeing how much he has grown since we last checked! I will make sure to give a detailed report tomorrow night!

Josee

p.s. Thanks to April for posting a comment on the blog on Sunday - I have been feeling a bit lonely on the blog lately and missing other people's comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm, sugar! He *really* wanted one of those cupcakes at the party!

Anonymous said...

Weird to post on my own blog but:
I love the look in his eyes like "Am I *allowed* to be eating this?"
I expect we'll get alot of that guilty/innocent look in the near future ;)

Anonymous said...

The cheezies are next!!