Wednesday, March 19, 2008

the trust game

Remember when you were in high school (or at a retreat of some sort) and you were asked to play the trust game? You know, the one where you have to fall backwards into someone else's arms, trusting they will catch you? Well, check out this pic!
I was trying to get a shot of Joshua standing, but he was happily leaning against his father at the time. And when Mark took his hands away, Joshua just fell back with a big smile on his face and thought it was a great game. I just hope he doesn't do that when there is no one is behind him (ouch!)!

We went to the doctor's today to get Joshua's ears checked out after yet another terrible night's sleep last night. After getting a clean bill of health from the doctor, I now know my son is a STAR manipulator. When Joshua cries, either I or Mark come to the rescue and while he was sick, snuggled him back to sleep. Now that he is better, he kinda likes the idea of being snuggled to sleep so why stop the crying out when he wakes up? Needless to say, we will be restarting our sleep training to remind him how wonderful it is to be able to put yourself back to sleep with no help (for everyone involved). I am sure there will be more on that topic to come.

Regarding our quest for day care; the three of us visited two day cares on Tuesday. One of them seemed "sufficient" and the other was a very quick no since it was situated in a 2 bedroom apartment. We are not giving up yet though and are awaiting to hear back from someone else tomorrow.

Here's hoping...
J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really cool picture.