Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Joshua!

My little boy is not so little any more! We had a great day today celebrating Joshua's 1st birthday for the majority of the day. This morning, he apparently had a GREAT time at daycare, where, from Jenna's report, he was finally seeming completely comfortable with her and his surroundings. When I picked him up, he was all smiles but certainly ready for a nap after a morning of fun and excitement. After his nap, he had his first taste of chocolate... and I got it all on video so that Mark doesn't feel he missed out. Aunt Vicki will be pleased to hear he seemed very happy about this yummy new taste (he was even signing "more" when I took it away!)! Doesn't he look just the slightest bit drunk in this shot? LOL...
Mamie and Mylady showed up around 3:15pm and he continued with the fun by showing her all his toys. After a pre-dinner walk, we hooked up with Dadda via computer web cam for a quick happy birthday song.Grandma and Poppa came over to join us all in some birthday cake and brought Joshua a fantastic new wagon to use in the spring! Joshua was a trooper but ran outta steam pretty quickly and was in bed dreaming of chocolate lollipops and birthday cakes by 7:30pm.
It certainly has been a wonderful year! When I look back to those early blog entries, I am so happy we decided to do this as a way to share his life with all of you. I look forward to a time when we can show him too and he can see what his early years were like and how they were surrounded by love.

Have a great night everyone!
J

3 comments:

Mark & Josee said...

Happy Birthday to my wonderful, intelligent, thoughtful, funny, determined, courageous and so incredibly loving son.
You are an indescribably important part of our lives and are so very loved my us and all those around and make me so proud that you so willingly give that love back to whoever will take it.
I love you very much and thank you for reminding me about what is most important in my small little world.
LBM represent!
Love Dada

Anonymous said...

This year has been wonderful but has gone by so very quickly! It was a joy to share in Joshua's day today. We look forward to sharing many more giggles and wonderful adventures in days and years to come!
Congratulations to Joshua and to his amazing parents.
much love,
G'ma and Pappa XOX

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joshua! I'm looking forward to coming to your big party on Sunday.

Your friend,
Fin