Not to dwell on it too much but to echo Josee's sentiment..it really was an awesome weekend and we have the digital proof. I really like how the focus turned out in this one and the excitement in his face beams.I'm on my first official-ish evening off (since yesterday was a bit of a write off with heading straight to Manotick for the Baptism class from work) I figure I'll be pretty bushed since I'm used to 3 days off and will have had only 2 days off the past couple of weeks but when I came home today just as Joshua had been placed on the change table after his bath and saw that big grin the fatigue lifted quickly. I don't know if there's a better way to be greeted. Josee even thought the initial look of "Hey..what are you doing here?" on his face made the wait worth it.
Were anxious to settle into a nice routine of Josee picking him up, giving him dinner, having a bath and as she transitions for story time I'll come home and help with changing into PJ's and give a kiss goodnight and then start on dinner for Momma & Dadda while stories are read and nighttime bottle is taken. Then Josee and I can enjoy a nice end of day dinner together.
Sounds like a nice way to end the day don't you think?
Also wanted to sneak another shot I really liked from the spring park romp to capture Joshua's spirit of adventure which he owes in large part to his Momma. There's almost a "Look what Momma and I are going to do!" look about him.
We have a couple experimental shots coming down the slide too we'll save for another time.Here's hoping some of that springtime weather finds it's way back to us sooner rather than later!
Take care.
Mark
2 comments:
We are so happy for you that this well earned family time is so energizing and precious for all!
We are all truly blessed with our families.
XOX Mom/G'ma/Pen OXO
awww, only 2 days off....
Post a Comment