Tuesday, April 22, 2008

mmm Starbucks!


Joshua's starting off on his inevitable caffeine addiction already! While we were at the park on Sunday, he got a hold of his dad's iced coffee cup and decided he needed to sip out of the straw. For those grandparents cringing at the thought right now; don't worry, we are almost all but certain that he was unable to get anything from the cup but we couldn't pass up the photo op!

After a rough afternoon yesterday after picking Joshua up at daycare and then an equally tough time this morning, I was feeling a bit sad today. I think the fact that I am REALLY back at work and that the majority of my time with Joshua will be spent over the span of 2 days finally caught up with me. However, by this afternoon, things are looking up. Joshua had a "tear free drop off" (Mark's words) this morning, and then when I went to go get him this afternoon, his spirits were high and he was not too tiered to have a nice walk in our local park with Shadow and I before going into our regular supper, bath and book routine. I ended my day with Joshua with a smile - something special each and every time.

Tomorrow is "hump day" - only 3 days until our first 2 day weekend as a family since my return at work!

Happy Earth Day!
J

2 comments:

steve and Jenna said...

I am so glad that he made you smile yesterday as he well should. Pictures will be up today!

Jenna :)

Anonymous said...

The adjustment is hard, the old "quality time" phrase didn't come from nowhere!