Monday, May 12, 2008

Baptism weekend

First of all, sorry for not posting too often last week. It was a super exhausting work week for both Mark and I and we found ourselves going to bed VERY early each and every night. I'll try to do better this week, I promise!

The Sisson family enjoyed a wonderfully busy weekend these past few days. Joshua was baptized at Mark's family church on Sunday and we spent a lot of Sunday helping Mark's parents with prep for the get together at their home afterwards. Everything went wonderfully! Thank you SOOOO very much Grandma and Poppa for all the hard work involved both in getting ready for the event, and making sure everyone was being taken care of during the wonderful afternoon outdoors! Instead of going into to great detail about the ins and outs of the past couple days, I will post pictures à la Mark (in other words, more then my normal one or two).

For those who were at our wedding, this cake MAY look a bit familiar. Mark and I froze our cake topper and used it as the baptism cake (along with the addition of the little chocolate lamb from Grandma and Poppa). Believe it or not, after 6.5 years, it still tasted good and looked almost like it did when we were married in September 2001. The even cooler thing (which was pointed out to me by a co-worker of mine) - there are not too many opportunities where your CHILD gets to taste your wedding cake. What a wonderful way to think of it!


Yes, our silly little man decided to take a nap on the WAY to the church (at 9:15am!!!). Of course, we had to take a pic.


Still kinda sleepy but spending some time with "the godfather" Mon Oncle Jean


I love this next pic - taken by Joshua's Poppa while we were out front and centre for the actual baptism. I love how his big cousin Tiana seems to be watching over the whole scene and making sure baby Joshua is going to be fine.


Joshua having some laughs with his godmother Aunt Vicki

Thanks to everyone who shared this day with us. You all really made it special and we are yet again reminded how surrounded by love we all are.

Hope all the mommas out there had a wonderful mother's day - I know I certainly did!

Love,
J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos and lovely words, Josee!
Thanks to our very special family celebration, Sunday was one of my most memorable and lovely Mother's Days ever!
much love,
XOX G'ma/Mom/Pen OXO

Anonymous said...

I love my Joshua. Thanks for sharing him.