Friday, May 23, 2008

Freezy Delight

The last time I was at Zellers, I came across some freezies made with 100% fruit juice. Essentially, it is a frozen version of those "motts fruitsations" apple sauce snacks that come in all sorts of flavours. Overall, they seemed to be a hit - what we WILL have to be careful about is the somewhat sharp plastic edging that is too easy to give your mouth a "paper" cut on!
As I said in the last blog entry, Jenna was out of commission for the past couple days so I was able to take my first day off for "family related leave". I had a GREAT time going "old school" with Joshua. We had fun playing in the morning, then were off to Boomerang where we met up with Jules for a challenging strollercise class. I don't know if it is because I am pushing around that much more weight, or if I am just that much more out of shape, but it was a fun yet tiring class! Jules was pretty excited to see her daughter's (about 8 months younger thank Joshua) favorite little man and even MORE excited to see Shadow again - who she hadn't seen since last summer. After a short visit to some of the stores in Westboro and some lunch, we went home and Joshua had a nice long nap. The afternoon was spent with an impromptu trip to visit Grandma and Poppa so I could bring Shadow into the vets where he was placed on an anti fungal cream and some antibiotics for an ear infection - poor pooch! Lucky for him, they should start working pretty quickly though!

Today, Mamie had her turn taking on the J-man for the day. From what I have been told, she had a great time bonding with Joshua and he was a darling with her (I guess he already knows who he will need to suck up to later on in life to get the GOOD candy!) ;-) We are all great full that she was able to help out and that the LBM was on his best behaviour. Thanks Mamie!!!!

It was great to have a nice short week though as we have already packed our weekend with things we would like to do.

Enjoy your Friday night everyone,
J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pres. choice have a similar product, although I'm not sure of the 100%ness. You can also do this with yogurt tubes. They also have ice cube trays at the dollar store that make long skinny ice tubes (for putting into water bottles) which would be perfect to make your own without sharp packaging. Summer's a-comin'!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure who is enjoying it more...Joshua or daddy ;) I will look for these though at the store. Much better than the sugar loaded freezies