Monday, July 21, 2008

He's got hair!

Joshua actually gave himself a Mohawk in the bath the other night and I figured it was certainly blog-worthy considering how long it has taken him to grow these locks! Personally, I think it is adorable (though I know, I am a bit biased).

From the front, he looks a bit like alfalfa, but Mark got a good profile view too that shows off the extent of his new punk doo! Up until now, I have refrained from putting gel in his hair to keep it this way when it is dry... (emphasis on the "up until now") ;-)
Mark and the Jman had a boys day on Saturday while Vicki and I drove down to Waterloo, N.Y. to meet up with Jenna and her friend Kyla for a day of cross border shopping. The day went quick and we still managed to get home later than we had originally hoped - but it was still fun to have a little getaway.
I am sorry to announce Joshua is presently battling a terrible summer cold and was not "himself" yesterday either. Mark caught a lunch viewing of The Dark Knight while Joshua and I went to my mom's to do some laundry and for a visit with her and Georgie (who came over for lunch); but unfortunately Joshua was not really able to enjoy it as much as he would normally since he just felt a little bit "off". By the time we arrived at the Blanche Neige Daycare BBQ, I decided we would only "make an appearance" since he was giving me all the signs of feeling REALLY rotten.
Today, he is at Mark's parent's (along with a not-so-well Mark) hopefully resting up and recuperating while also staying out of the way of drywalling at our house.
A couple posts ago, Vicki mentioned she was surprised Shadow was not in Joshua's pool with him in the pictures.. so just for "Aunt Vicki"... here is a pic that was taken on Saturday. :-)


Have a good day,

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shadow's p.o'ed about the lack of opposable thumbs which ensure he can't hold the hose

Anonymous said...

PLEASE ! no gel on my grandson's hair !this goop is absorbed through the scalp and who knows what those products are made of..and health hazard.
Must say he's cute though !...and so are you.
mamie