Friday, August 29, 2008

Shots: 1, Joshua: 0

I took this shot last weekend when I came in to the living room after preparing Joshua's supper and found him sprawled on the floor, playing with his car and watching tv all at the same time. I could not help but grab the camera!

The Jman is having a tough week! First, he was feeling quite under the weather on Wednesday (as I mentioned in the last post), then, the mean old momma had to bring him to the doctor's for his (very late) 15 month shots.

I kept on going back and forth about whether I wanted to give him the Varicella vaccine (for the Chickenpox) and eventually decided against it until I can speak with the doctor about it at his 18 month check-up at the beginning of October. I just can't get past the fact that WE all had the chickenpox and were it not for the one or two scars from the episode, we would probably not even remember it! Yes, it is a tough week for both child and parents alike (mostly for the child, I am sure); but, is it not better for children to build up NATURAL immunities from the actual virus instead of being pumped with scientifically made vaccines that include the build up of the virus?

The teetering side of me thinks that no parent likes to see their child sick (even if it is only for a max of 7 days) and if I can help avoid him being sick with one more thing, maybe I should...

I am not so concerned with the possible side effects of getting chicken pox since no one on my side of the family has ever had any; and as far as I know, it is the same story on Mark's side (please correct me if I am wrong).

What do other parents out there think?

Anyhow, it was a tough night's sleep last night with Joshua waking up with a sore arm and Mark going to comfort him and give him some Tempra on more than one occasion. This morning, the LBM even woke up crying - something that hasn't happened in a long time!

Joshua got to spend the day with his Mamie and his Grandma and Poppa since Jenna is on her way on a well-deserved mini-getaway.

have a good day,

J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had such a nice visit Friday afternoon! Joshua was starting to get tired (had only slept 1 1/4 hours...was beginning to rub his eyes, a little insecure and clingy at first)... so I popped him in the stroller and we walked over to Nan and Gramps for a visit.Though not keen to cuddle with them, (hadn't seen them for a while) Joshua was sweet from a measured distance, very cuddly with me and then sat happily playing with his "sound" books until time to go. He did give Nan a kiss and smile and wave "goodbye" to Gramps when we left.We'll try this again Joshua is with us Monday.
Loved having him.
XOX G'ma/Mom/Pen OXO