Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Um...yeah...he's definately my son!

Coupling along with Josee's previous lounging on the floor pic here's one of Joshua making lounging while watching the tube a veritable performance art! The sheer concentration and technique exemplified almost brings a tear to my eye.
Here's hoping it becomes a future Olympic event.

For those who have not seen Joshua in a while I think it's safe to admit that he's no longer a "baby boy" but instead is a full fledged Toddler! This really hits home now when we bring him to places like the rubberized kid's play area at Bayshore and he pretty much runs with the big kids crowd and has little time for the younger kids area with the 2 foot slide. No, he'd rather use the big 8 foot slide and climb up it backwards. I found myself the other day actually saying out loud "Joshua..you're setting a bad example for the older kids." and I turned him around to slide down.
He's a monkey man to be sure but the apple certainly doesn't fall far from the either Josee's and my trees to be sure. Heck, even now Mama and I like to grapple the occasional tree. Were actually anxiously anticipating an apple orchard visit in a coming weekend as apples have quickly become an LBM favourite for both flavor and practicality of being a good teething post, albeit a round one.
Corn on the cob has also slipped into a close 2nd place as well. I swear his eyes roll slightly back in their sockets as he maws down and he's never even seen Shark week on discovery channel; so I guess it's just a natural instinct to protect them for the corny/apple carnage.

Tomorrow I have some training early in the morning so Josee and I are swapping dropoff/pickup. Looking forward to being able to spent some rare afternoon time hanging with the pooch and prince. Here's hoping the weather keeps up too!

Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember fun times at Mountain Orchards, Mark?!
Would love to relive them with this generation of apple affectionados at the orchard of your choice...
XOX Mom/Gma/Pen OXO