Sunday, September 07, 2008

Playing in the rain and apple picking fun!

Mark, Joshua and I had a wonderfully fun weekend together. Although it did rain for most of the time, we managed to find ways to enjoy the world both outdoors and indoors.

The weekend began with Joshua and I letting Mark sleep in. With all the rest I had on Thursday when I was sick, I was feeling unusually "awake" at 6:20 when the Jman decided it was time to get up. After breakfast, the rain began falling a bit harder and Joshua seemed quite excited about taking a closer look. on went the boots and out we went. Although you would think differently with how dark it looks, the above pic was taken around 7:30 in the morning! I just love how it turned out! (you may need to click on it for the high res to get the full effect)

After visiting the Baby Boom Show and (very briefly) the Twins Show at the Nepean Sportsplex, we went homeward bound for a nap which was proceeded with another play session in the rain. I wanted to show Mark how much Joshua enjoyed it since he missed out on the early morning puddle session. After a bunch of playing and running around, King Joshua decided he wanted to watch the raindrops from up on his pedestal (NOTE the oh-so-cute happy faces on the bottom of his boots).

Sunday afternoon, we were supposed to meet up with our friends Lisa and Steven and their boys but the weather man put a damper on those plans and we have to reschedule. Lucky for us, between the rain we managed to meet up with the Sisson clan (Grandma, Poppa, Aunt Vicki, mon oncle Jean, Tiana and Mitchell) for a fun time at the Mountain Apple Orchard! Joshua was in all of his glory. I have never EVER seen a kid so excited before! All he could do was run around excitedly desperately grasping at his apple(s) eerily repeating "apple" like it was some sort of spell word. The LBM probably had 2 full apples of his own in the span of a little over an hour. Needless to say, we came home with MANY apples - both Lobo and Macs - and also found a new "favorite" place for Joshua to visit. We got lots of nice shots for the trip but this one has to be my favorite of the bunch. Three cousins playing together... gee - who do YOU think is the TRUE king of the family? ;-)

One last bit... another heart melter for the momma... Joshua's new "thing" - sweet as can be. :)


Thanks for the wonderful weekend guys, it is JUST what the doctor ordered after a busy, exhaustlingly draining week at the grind.

xxoo

J

3 comments:

steve and Jenna said...

oh so cute ! I could just eat him up

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful, having children, and getting to observe and relive childhood's favorite experiences all over again?!
What a fun day that was!!!
Children and adults alike, (this was Jean's first visit, EVER, to an apple orchard!), thrilled at such and abundant and accesible harvest of beautiful apples! One for the memory books, for sure, and a lovely flashback to Mountain Orchard visits when Mark and Vicki were small!Thank you, guys, for sharing a favorite outing with us.
XOX G'Ma/Mom/Penny OXO
P.S. LOVE the smooching video too!
XOX

Anonymous said...

My son looks far too comfortable. Someone shoulda hit an apple and toppled him over. Sorry, did I say that out loud? I meant "how cute"!