Friday, January 02, 2009

yah - that's the stuff...

Today was the Jman's first full day at the new daycare and as predicted, he was a super-star. There was certainly some protest upon arrival in the morning, but we were reassured that he only stays upset for as long as it takes for them to go around the corner (how many times did you have to reassure us of that Jenna? - Some things just don't change!). I admit, I was thinking of him a lot around nap time wondering if he would be okay - and he did not dissapoint. Joshua lay down for his do-do after lunch and a diaper change with no hesitation whatsoever and stayed lying down until Faria came in to tell them it was time to get up and put their mats away. Yet again, I was one proud momma when I went to pick him up! After a full day with 5 kids in the new daycare, Joshua WAS exhausted tonight though and went to be early for the first time in a long time. I tell you, I LOVE Christmas time, but I was glad kinda to finally be able to put an end to the holiday season and get back to normalcy in 2009.

The below picture was taken on Christmas Eve when the three of us started off our holidays with a yummy cupcake treat. Joshua was a bit unsure what the heck he was supposed to do with all that whipped cream icing at first, but after both momma and dadda demonstrated, he seemed to get the hang of it pretty easily! (not to worry grandmother readers... he did not even get CLOSE to eating even a quarter of his)


This other picture I stole from a special morning moment in late December. Joshua"s Grandma and Poppa bought him his very own copy of the movie Cars for Christmas this year... let's just say it was a hit (note the new TV... dadda's own big hit!). I think it is pretty cute how all my boys are hanging out together watching their Cars movie!
It is kinda sad to think we will all be back to work on Monday after such a nice holiday - I guess we can start planning for our next one now!

Have a great night all,
J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite the trio!
XOX G'ma/Mom/Pen OXO

Anonymous said...

Nice looking television there.

Oh...and nice photos too! :)