Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Twos

So, I would love to be able to tell you all how wonderful my son is... how he is the perfect angel and is always doing exactly what we ask, when we ask...

I would, of course be lying though.

No one warned us the terrible twos would be early... and LOUD... okay, maybe they did, but they certainly did not warn us to listen to them! We have been dealing with some full-on toddler tantrums lately. Joshua has always been a passionate little boy and we should have expected to see that "passion" seep through at some point. If he gets frustrated (and this seems to be done VERY easily), he pitches a fit, throws his body on the ground and turns on the waterworks. Mark and I are a bit shocked at what our wonderful little man can turn into! This kid can certainly turn it on a dime too. One minute, laughing, next, tantrum, then back to happily calling out "hi dadda, hi momma!". Lucky for us, so far, the "goods" certainly out way the "bads". Let's hope it stays that way! ;-)

SO, I leave you with a question for those of our "experienced parent" readers... How long do the terrible twos go on for??? (and do you have any ideas on how to make them a little less terrible?)


Happy St Patty's Day
J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm afriad to admit I saw this post, for fear of scaring you...! My children are exceptions to the rules, and I blame their father ;)