Thursday, August 06, 2009

So I caved...

I have been waiting to see how long it would take my lovely husband to contribute a post to the blog... after over 2 weeks of waiting, I have caved and decided an update is needed.


As most of you know by now, Joshua will be a big brother come the beginning of February 2010. Pregnancy has been tougher this time around although I guess I can not be too surprised about that considering the 2.5 year old who uses up most of my precious napping times! ;-) But, truth be told, I would not take away any of my time with Joshua - even if it means I am a bit more cranky!

Since our last post, we have had some great visits both at the new house and away from it. Heather, Derek, Finley and Miller came for a visit a few weekends ago and I can honestly say I have not seen Joshua have that much fun with ANYONE in his own house before. Fin and Joshua had a blast playing together and sharing their toys. Both kids were completely wired by the end of the night and didn't settle down till after 9pm - but I bet they would not change it for a second! We also had some nice time with both sets of cousins this past weekend. Joshua loved his Bruce Pitt walk with Tiana and Mitchell and after nap time, we headed off to Brewer Park for a picnic and play with my mom, brother, Leigh, Sam and Ben. I think Joshua was in all his glory copying his big cousins and teaching his little cousin (only in age, of course!) how to properly "race" a dump truck.

Shadow and I were competing at the Agility Association of Canada's National competition (that were held this year in Ottawa) for most of the long weekend so I was super excited to have some one on one time with Joshua on Monday since Mark was at work banking some vacation days ;-)

Hope the "blog-cation" didn't deter anyone from stopping by!
JS

3 comments:

aunt vicki said...

I never stop stopping by! Your dedication is awe-insiring. I always look forward to updates; helps me feel close to you guys in the midst of our hectic lives!

Penny said...

We also love your blog and are delighted to see "what's happening" in your delightful, very busy world.Thank you for keeping it up!
XOX G'ma and Poppa OXO

Heather said...

Fin had a blast too and often asks about Joshua. We should get together again soon.

Thanks for a great visit and a lovely dinner.