The Sisson family shared a very special moment yesterday morning. While at my mother's house for a visit, we got to hear our "new" babies' heart beat for the first time. I had been speaking to my mother about how I was getting anxious for some reassurances beyond "being sick" and that I didn't not know when I would get such assurances at the doctor's. My next prenatal appointment is on August 31st, but neither I nor Mark could remember ever hearing a fetal heartbeat at our GP's office during my pregnancy with Joshua and neither of us really wanted to wait until our ultrasound (which is likely still at least 3 weeks away). My mother, having the means to borrow one from work, was brave enough to take a listen on Sunday morning.The conversation went something like this:
My mother gets a heartbeat rather quickly - a good, strong beating little washing machine...
Joshua: Wow, what's that?... What's that, Momma?
me: That's your little baby brother or sister.
Joshua: huh?... Wow!
me: yes - wow!
This was followed by my mother letting Joshua listen to his OWN heartbeat, then dadda's heartbeat, then trying for Shadow's heartbeat (which didn't quite get read on the Doppler...)
What a wonderfully special reaction from my wonderfully special little man. I don't know if he grasped it, but I do know he was playing "baby Joshua" a whole bunch for the rest of the day (wanting to be cradled just for fun by his dadda).
I am truly blessed.
JS
PS - for those wondering - the heart rate was 133... smack in the middle of a girl or a boy (if you go by the old wives tales) I guess we will all have to wait a bit longer to see!
3 comments:
This experience is truly "one for the memory book", Josee!
Bravo to Danielle and her magic doppler!
XOX G'Ma/Pen/Mom OXO
Isn't there supposed to be water in that pool?
S.
Great photo!
Post a Comment