Thursday, November 05, 2009

cute? or EVIL?

OK - still more cute than evil - I just could not help it with his finger in mouth pose!

So far, Joshua has done WONDERFULLY with integrating in the new daycare. He is sleeping well, eating well, playing well with the other kids, and even managing to pick up a few French words too! I could not be happier - and although I know it has only been 4 days at the new daycare (so things are still new and possibly exciting) there have yet to be no tears at drop offs! I am so very proud of our little guy!

My doctor's appointment on Monday went well - baby is still a crazy kick-boxer and showed her stuff against the Doppler this week. She even made the OB-GYN giggle on more than one occasion.

After speaking very candidly with the doctor, I THINK I have decided to get the H1N1 shot too. Up until then, I was pretty against it... and then the doctor told me there were 5 or 6 pregnant flu patients in the General's ICU because of complications... complications that are much worse than I assumed with the media's idle threats of pneumonia and breathing issues... the doctor spoke of acute respiratory distress - where the lungs are completely filled with liquid - requiring intubation and in some cases emergency Cesareans to try to keep the baby alive. That was enough to make me think twice. You see - I have survived my share of breathing problems and pneumonias... but lungs filling with liquid... and WHOLE different ballgame. Anyhow, the non-adjuvent vaccine is now available in Ottawa (but not yet in Gatineau). I am going to call the hospital to find out if they will be receiving it - as I was told by a very reliable source (wink) that OB-GYNs will be getting the vaccine to help get their patients vaccinated quicker.

Anyhow - enough with the scary talk.

I hope everyone is enjoying the snow today! I know it certainly put a smile on MY face!
J

2 comments:

Penny said...

Love the photo! So happy your OBS/GYN is coming through for you too.
XOX G'ma OXO

Heather said...

Definitely cute!