This past weekend, for example, we had a daycare Christmas party on Friday afternoon, a dinner party at Steve and Jenna's on Saturday, the Christmas pageant at St James on Sunday morning and a dinner party at our place on Sunday evening. To add to all that socializing, I had my last cake decorating class on Monday and had to find the time to get my cake ready for my last class.
Our first dinner party at the new home went out really smoothly. We were originally supposed to have 8 adults and 5 children at the dinner table but that shrunk to 3 children at the last minute. Joshua had his beloved Finley over with her brother Miller being the always charming little man. Joshua and Finley had a great time playing with each other even though there were some obvious differences with their toy choices. We got a few cute pics, one of which is posted below.
I had the day off yesterday and we FINALLY got Joshua to see Santa. This year, we chose to go to Billings Bridge to see their Santa after hearing many great reviews from friends who go to see him every year. I, for one, was impressed with the size of the chair - making the option of sitting BESIDE Santa, instead of on his lap, much more possible for those kids who can be a bit more hesitant. After last year's Santa picture, where Joshua was literally PETRIFIED of Santa, I thought it was possible that he chose the beside seat instead, but he proved me wrong - being the ultimate brave boy and climbing up on Santa's lap to tell him all about the 3 real fast cars he wants for Christmas. As you can see in his picture below, he was still a bit apprehensive, but willing to give us a smirk nonetheless.
I can't get over the fact that there are only 2 more sleeps till Christmas day! I am really excited to see how Joshua reacts to all the gifts (apparently, he was REALLY GOOD this year!) - although I wonder how long this gift opening will take considering he will likely want to open and pay with each and every toy!I am not sure when I will get to post again but will try my best to get something out for Christmas.
Happy holidays everyone!
J
1 comment:
Beautiful "Santa visit" photo of both subjects. What a difference a year makes!See you in 2 more sleeps!
XOX G'Ma OXO
Post a Comment