Sunday, June 06, 2010

Blessings

Thank you Grandma and Poppa for stealing this shot - what a lovely shot showing a special moment between great-grandfather and his great-granddaughter! I love it!

I can't believe another week has already gone by! Madie is officially 16 weeks old (or 1 week shy of 4 months) today. We celebrated her birth with her baptism this morning. When we found out our Pastor, Father Rick, was planning to retire in August, we wanted to ensure he baptized Madie since there is something extra special about having the same pastor marry you and baptize both your children. The service was beautiful and quiet and Madeleine was a star. She was awake for the whole service and didn't utter a peep when Father Rick took her to bless her and welcome her into the Christian faith.

After a very busy morning and an equally busy afternoon of socializing at a wedding shower, I know for sure both Madie and I are going to sleep soundly tonight...

I hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend as much as I did!
J

2 comments:

Penny said...

Poppa snapped this special moment, Josee. Love it too! Thank you for hosting a wonderful celebration!
XOX G'Ma (& Poppa)OXO

April said...

This is a beautiful shot. I am glad that the baptism went well.
April