Wednesday, November 24, 2010

push little teeth push!

At 9.5 months old, I think Madie is close to getting that first tooth. I think this, because not only is she drooling up a storm and constantly shoving her tongue on her lower gum line, but she is putting everything in her mouth... and CLAMPING down... and leaving it there. Here are a few pictures to demonstrate this:
 Yes, that IS a sock in her mouth... brings a whole literal meaning to the "put a sock in it" saying. ;-)
And our wedding ring pillow...
And her blankie...

She has also become really good at using her pincher grip - and now happily "gums" at cheese, bagel, cucumber, pasta and crackers as well as the regular baby finger foods (mum mums and "puffs").

Madie is also becoming a real pro at standing on her own and does so for at least a minute or more at a time now testing her balance more and more each day. It won't be long now before she tests out her walking legs!

The only thing that has been frustrating these days with our wonderful little girl comes at night time, where her sleeping is a continuous guessing game for me. On any given night, she can sleep through, get up once and get herself back to sleep with a soother placement, or need to be soothed by me up to 2 or 3 times a night. This never seems to stay constant, no matter how constant our nighttime routine has become. I know some of this can be attributed to teeth and separation anxiety, but I must say, once you get a taste of sleeping through the night, it is even more frustrating when they regress! BUT, I have to say, this is still a thousand times better then anything we went through with Joshua! ;-)

Hope everyone is doing well. I promise to try to post a little more often in the coming weeks!

J

1 comment:

aunt vicki said...

Better that she gets you up at night now, needing you, than have you lay awake wondering when she'll get home as a teeneager!