One of many good pictures taken during the past 2 days of celebrations. Tiana is such a wonderful big cousin to Joshua - they have such a special bond and I think it was really caught in this shot.Joshua did AWESOME these past couple of days even with all hoopla and stimulation constantly surrounding him.
Christmas eve, it was our turn to host the annual celebration with my mom, Georgie and my brother's family. The day was spent getting everything prepared for a full turkey dinner and gift exchange with the gang. We had a nice break from the prep work in the early afternoon when my dad and Gale came over to exchange gifts. The evening crew arrived shortly after 4pm and everything went great! I have to say - I LOVE our new dining room set - it was so much more comfortable having a larger gang around the table this year compared to past years.
This morning, Mark, Joshua, Shadow and I had our very first Christmas morning as a little family. Joshua certainly was spoiled by Santa this year - he must have been a very nice boy these past 9 months! ;-)
Then, we were off to Manotick for Christmas with the Sisson / Bisson family where we all continued to share the holiday cheer.
Back in the car for a couple minutes until we all arrived at the May family Christmas celebration. This is certainly something to experience. 6 toddlers (ranging from almost 3 to almost 5), Joshua, and 22 adults all gathered around a Christmas tree opening gifts in an almost giddy fashion. I can't properly portray the air except to say there is this amazing energy that fills that house on Christmas morning. I am thrilled that we are able to share this with our son.
As expected, Joshua conked out hard on the way home and slept for a good 1.5 hours before getting up to eat, play a bit more, and then head into the bedtime routine. Hopefully, we will all sleep well tonight!
Tomorrow, the excitement continues with Christmas brunch at my dad and Gale's and a trip to Kemptville for Tiana's 5th birthday party.
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope Santa was as good to you as he was to our family!
J
1 comment:
The last few days have been especially precious.
How wonderful it is, to see our grandchildren bonding so early, so naturally and so beautifully. This truly is the lovliest gift and a blessing this Christmas.
XOX Pen/Mom/Grandma OXO
Post a Comment