Mark and I were both very relieved that Joshua seemed to be back to his normally happy, playful self today. You wouldn't know he has pneumonia except for the nasty cough and the new wheezing sounds in his lungs (this seems to have gotten more apparent this afternoon and evening). Because of my own experiences with wheezing (and most lung "issues"), it makes me cringe even more every time I hear his rattly chest. Penny is taking care of him for a little while tomorrow while I bring Shadow out for one last practice before the weekend so I will ask her for her nurses opinion on whether the x-rays (and trip to CHEO) are necessary.I decided to bring Joshua to his gym class this afternoon only because I knew the only other child in the class would not be there and that we could go at our own (slower) pace and maybe even cut the class short if need be. Joshua seemed to enjoy himself even if he was moving a bit slower. I continue to be amazed at his strength - he climbed up a relatively steep incline today without anyone's help (though there was definitely some spotting going on).
Joshua is also beginning to stand without support. This began about a week ago when he started to let go of things and wobble in place before sitting down. Now, he will actually try to stabilize himself using his hands for balance and manages to stay upright for a good half a minute before grabbing onto something or sitting down.
Have a great night everyone,
J
No comments:
Post a Comment