Joshua woke up this morning with his first obvious fever. He was hot to the touch and very lethargic. Our normally very active boy was crawling into our laps and snugging into us like he wanted to go back to bed. When we took his temperature, it was only a low grade fever, but along with a possibly infected finger and a cold that has been looming for 3 weeks now, we decided to bring him to the doctor's for their opinion. Since we knew we would be waiting for a very long time at CHEO and our G.P.'s office was not going to be opened until later in the afternoon, we went to the Orleans Urgent Care Centre on my mother's recommendation. Both Mark and I were quite impressed with the clinic and would suggest it as an alternate to going to CHEO if needed - we were there for a total of 1 hour and 15 minutes. Thank goodness we went to the clinic because Joshua was diagnosed with the beginnings of pneumonia in one of his lungs and is now on antibiotics for the next 10 days. We have been told to keep an eye on him for the next couple days and if we feel there has not been any change, we will have to go to CHEO for a chest xray to confirm the diagnosis. Poor little guy has been wanting to play but just doesn't have the energy to do so for more than 15-20 minute spurts.For those of you who don't know, Shadow and I are off to Laval, Quebec for an agility trial Saturday and Sunday. It is going to be really tough for me to leave him now that he is sick but I know he will be in more than capable hands while I am gone.
Hope everyone had a good day,
J
1 comment:
Sooo glad you were pro-active with Joshua.You should ALL be feeling better soon!
Look forward to seeing him Thursday.
XOX Mom/G'ma/Pen OXO
Post a Comment