Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Shaken, not Stirred

In the picture above, you can see the second best Joshua find so far (the first being his soother). Joshua seemed to not be "getting" the idea of tipping his cups in order for liquid to come out of it. We must have tried every sippy cup out there but to no avail. There were only 2 that came close; one didn't have a valve, the other; was more like a bottle with a soft lip he could chew to get liquid. And then, I came across this one. It is a sippy cup with handles, but instead of a lip and valve, it uses a straw. Joshua loves it and it works wonderfully! It is made by the company "Nuby" and I would recommend it to any parents struggling with finding the sippy cup that will work for their child.

Well, I never thought it would be possible for me to think I don't want any more winter. Generally, I am the one who is smiling about the snow, and wishing for it in the middle of the summer. Well, I wholeheartedly admit that I am officially sick of snow. We received another 30+Cm today and it was so snowy (along with some ice pellets and freezing rain for good measure) that Joshua and I spent the day inside. Even when I did venture outside - thinking a sleigh ride would be fun for Joshua, the snow was so high it actually tipped the sled over and gave Joshua his first unexpected taste of snow (poor guy!). As of now (8:30pm), the plow still has not gone by on our road. I am kinda hoping they hold off until Mark gets home or there is no way he will be getting into our laneway with the drift the plow will make!

For those of you keeping track, last night's sleeping went better, though still not back to normal. He was up twice during the night; once at 11:30, and another time at 5am. Unfortunately for us, I was not able to get him back to sleep after the 5am wake up which made for a very long day for everyone - especially Mark who was back to work today! But, he napped very well today and went to bed like clockwork so lets hope things continue to improve tonight. The best thing is he was able to put himself back to sleep without us on at least 3 occasions - something he was unable to do the night before.

Tomorrow afternoon, I hope to go and get some agility practice in (weather permitting) and Joshua is going to hang out with his Poppa (Frank) while Shadow and I go play. I have no doubt the two of them will have a ton of fun.

Have a good night,
J



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mitch ate snow yesterday too, same thing with the sled, although the kids were pulling it. Comrades!