Monday, January 12, 2009

smiles, molars and morning news

I am so very thrilled with my weekend.

Mark, as some of you know, has been feeling under the weather all week and this weekend, although we did keep it low key in order to avoid him having a relapse was AWESOME. During our weekend together, Mark and I were spoiled with little smiles and smirks like the two I managed to catch on camera below. Yes, he had his crabby times (poor grandma had to deal with a stubborn almost-two-year-old moment when Joshua did NOT want to play with Thomas any other way but HIS way), but over all, we generally had a pretty darned good time. Joshua has been waking us up through the night this past little while needing reassurances and sounding "not right"... was it fear? was it pain? we could only guess... until Mark peered into his mouth over the weekend. SURPRISE! 2 year old molar #1 has come through (top left).
And, I am thrilled to officially state that Joshua has now gone 2 mornings sans-tears at the new daycare. I decided to take a different approach this week. No expectations on me, an alternate route (one where he gets to see lots of school buses), a stop at the Timmy's drive-through and bringing his most favorite and treasured "big truck" (THANKS AGAIN Grandad and Grandma Gale for his 1 year old gift!). Between those changes, and me not rushing myself in and out of the door; he seems much more relaxed about the situation and even managed a little flirty smile for Faria this morning. I can only hope that the good mornings will continue from here on in - although I do understand that things may change from day to day.

Happy Tuesday everyone,
J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Joshua!..and Mommy...and Daddy....and Faria...

Anonymous said...

Yaaaayyyyyy...
It has been a very good day for both of our grandsons!We are proud of all of you.
Thank you for sharing.
XOX G'ma/Mom/Penny OXO

Anonymous said...

I am jealous, Emma has been trying to push through the same two 2 year molars for the last 2 months. Not pleasant.
ps Gorgeous pictures, and yes I still check for blog updates quite regularly :)