Saturday, February 07, 2009

Welcome Jacqueline Kennedy Jenkins!

I received an email on Friday afternoon from Steve saying he wanted to let me know that "baby Jenkins" had arrived via C section just before 2:30 pm on Friday February 6th. That was it - no announcement of the baby's name, sex, weight, how the delivery went... I coulda strangled him! In the hours proceeding, more news trickled out via email and facebook updates. Their baby girl was born via early c section (they had a section scheduled for Feb 17th that had just recently been changed to this coming Monday) as there had been rising concerns about Jenna's blood pressure. Kennedy was six pounds four ounces when she was born - she is so tiny! We were invited to visit them in the hospital during visiting hours today and we graciously accepted their offer. She is a perfect little baby and I am so very happy for Jenna and Steve. Enjoy every second of it guys - it truly does go by so very quickly!

Onto my boys now. I figured I would post a picture of Shadow with his racing striped soft cast. He is getting around much better now but it is very difficult to keep him from pulling some of his favorite puppy play now that he has gotten so used to getting around with his cast!
As for the Jman, he is back on antibiotics for a throat infection. Poor guy had a tough few days (and nights!) before we got him to the clinic but he seems to have turned the corner now. I hate this time of year just for that reason alone - everyone seems to get sick around this time. Lucky for us, it looks like spring MAY be on its way after a beautiful day today and what promises to be an even nicer one tomorrow!
I will leave you all with a cute video from the new king of the blues the J-man. Too cute!



Have a good night,
J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next Bob Dylan challenger (with a great, supportive family clan and none of the hangups) is emerging!
XOX G'Ma/Mom/Pen OXO

KD said...

That's a fabulous photo that you took of Jenna and Kennedy!

So glad to hear that Joshua and Shadow are on the mend :)

Great music playing J-man!!