Monday, May 17, 2010

Memories

Crazy what a difference 3 years can make - take a look at what we were up to on May 17, 2007, May 18, 2008 and May 16, 2009. My boy looks so grown up now!

Joshua is doing really great on his new bike. He started gliding all by himself on Saturday and was having a blast running while seated and lifting his legs way up in the air once he got going - now we just have to work at him not looking behind once he does that (consequently making his front wheel turn, and him loose his balance)! The Jman even got to show off his stellar moves to a very impressed Mamie on Sunday when we met up with her at a park in Barrhaven.

We had our first soccer "game" on Saturday and we left MUCH room for improvement. Finley was a star - running around kicking and playing well with everyone. Joshua, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with soccer until the last 10 minutes - we arrived a bit too late and we figure he was overwhelmed by all the excitement and new faces. We will try arriving early next Saturday and see if that helps him stray from the park and towards the soccer field instead.

I have been looking back at blog entries lately and am so very glad Mark and I decided to copy... I mean follow... suit after enjoying Heather and Derek's wonderful photo blog. It has been a great way to help me remember when Joshua hit milestones and how his sister is keeping up to him. And I finally am starting to see the resemblance everyone else sees between these siblings. Take a look at this shot... I see a lot of Madie in there!

Have a great day,
J

1 comment:

Holly said...

Glad for the updates on your adventures! Keep them coming!!